Ph.D. stands for Doctor of Philosophy.
For one thing, The one of the highest-level degrees that awarded. doctor. Latin (Ph) Philosophiae (D) Abbreviation for the doctor.
Unlike, Traditionally, the term “philosophy” does not refer to the subject, but to the original Greek meaning, which loosely translated as “lover of wisdom.”
However, Ph.D. A globally recognized Postgraduate degree awarded by universities and higher education institutions to candidates who submit a treatise or dissertation based on a wide range of independent studies in a selected field.
Furthermore, Ph.D. details depend on where you are and the subject you are studying.
Eligibility For Ph.D Admission
Students who intend to pursue Ph.D. from India must meet the required eligibility criteria. Listed below are the detailed
eligibility criteria for pursuing a Ph.D. from India:
- Masters degree holders are eligible for admission into the doctoral program.
- Although, for some subjects, a Masters in Philosophy (M.Phil) needed for a Ph.D.
- It must be noted by the candidates that in some Indian universities. For masters program, a specific percentage (or equivalent CGPA) required by the candidates to be eligible to apply for aPh.D
- For admission into some reputable universities. A candidate must qualify the all India examination, like national Eligibility Test for Lectureship (NET) conducted by NTA.
- Final year students appearing in the qualifying degree examination can also apply although they must submit the attested copies of their qualifying degree certificates.
- Admission offered on the basis of an interview. Unlike, the interview may be supplemented with a written exam if needed.
- Candidates should have a valid Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) score to pursue Ph.D in the field of engineering and technology.
- Candidates should have completed his/her degree in M.Tech/ M.E in any engineering branch in order to apply for Ph.D in engineering.
- To be eligible for a Ph.D, there are many other Ph.D entrance tests in India that one can take.