The Diploma in Library and Information Science is a diploma program.
Applicants can use the knowledge, attitudes, competencies, and practical skills they have acquired after completing their studies in the procurement, organization, and dissemination of information resources.
In-course assistance to equip students with basic library and statistical research skills and knowledge that will help manage information collection and dissemination effectively while ensuring that users’ information needs to meet.
Eligibility to choose this course (D.Lib.Sc) requires that at least 50% of the scores in the 10+2 pre-committee examinations. Equivalent levels have been achieved by a recognized commission or recognized institution.
Some institutes have their own entrance exams that must be taken in order to enroll in the Diploma in Library and Information Science program.
Students can work as librarians, photographers, assistant librarians, social and data librarians in the public sector, health sciences librarians at universities, and others. And can have an average salary of INR 2.40 000-5 lakh INR.
This course focuses on developing skills such as communication skills, problem-solving skills, patience, people skills, and performance under pressure.
Also, someone with good memory preferred for dealing with a large amount of data.
Eligibility for D.LIB.Sc
- The applicant must have passed the 10+2 or equivalent level examination with at least 50 percent of the marks from a recognised state or central board (relaxable for reserved category applicants).
- Candidates should not have any backlogs; before entering the diploma course, they should clear all subjects.
- The entrance test is a mandatory examination for any student who wishes to apply for the course.
- In the entry test, candidates should earn minimum marks.
- For reserved category students, they will have to display their reservation certificates issued by qualified authorities.